Nursing Quotes-Proud to be a Nurse!
1. Many things aren’t equal but everyone gets the same 24 hours, 7 days a week. We make time for what we truly want.
2. Save one life, you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse.
3. A nurse is not what you do. It is what you are… I am a nurse. It’s not what I do, it’s what I AM.
4. Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon. -Dag Hammarskjold
5. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia
6. CARING is the essence of NURSING. -Jean Watson
7. Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy… nurses are rarely short on caring. -Sharon Hudacek
8. If Christian scientists had more science and doctors more Christianity, it wouldn’t make any difference which you called in- IF YOU HAD A GOOD NURSE. -Finley Peter Dunne
9. Nurses are angels in comfortable shoes.
10. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts. – Charles Dickens
11. God appoints our graces to be NURSES to other men’s weaknesses. -Henry Ward Beecher
12. Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worse, beats the hell out of never trying. -Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
13. Be strong when you are weak. Be brave when you are scared. Be humble when you are victorious. Be badass everyday.
14. A nurse is one who opens the eyes of a newborn & gently closes the eyes of a dying man. It is indeed a high blessing to be the first and last to witness the beginning and end of life.
15. Do small things with great love.
16. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. -Steve Jobs
17. The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
18. Treat the patient as a whole, not just the hole in the patient.
19. Value what you do and add value by what you do.
20. When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words.
21. Nurses are unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their greatest strength and fatal flaw. – Dr. Jean Watson, RN, Doctor, Author andProfessor
22. Nurses encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken. –Myrtle Aydelotte
23. To accomplish great things, you must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe. -Anatole France
24. Forgive yourself, you are not perfect. Show yourself grace; you are still learning. Show yourself patience; you are on a journey.
25. When you are a nurse, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours. -Anonymous
26. If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For passion will lead you right into your purpose. -Bishop T.D Jakes
27. Nurses: one of the few blessings of being ill. -Sara Moss-Wolfe
28. BE KIND for everyone you meet is fighting a BATTLE. -Plato
29. Every nurse is an angel with a key for healthy community! All in caring for patients is part of nursing soul! -Alexsandar Radunovic
30. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. -Dr. Seuss
31. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom. -Earl Shoaf
32. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. -Ralp Waldo Emerson
33. Fill your mind with truth. Fill your heart with love. Fill your life with service.
34. Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain
35. Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on Earth to do with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling. -Vincent Van Gogh
36. Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your presence felt.
37. They may FORGET your name, but they will NEVER FORGET how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
38. The character of the Nurses is as important as the knowledge she possesses. – Carolyn Javis
39. Sometimes I inspire my patients; more often they inspire me. – unknown
40. Nursing is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said he finest of Fine Arts. – Florence Nightingale
41. Nurses don’t wait until October to celebrate “Make a Difference Day”. They make a difference every day! – Author unknown
42. A Nurse dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription. – Val Saintsbury
43. Nurses are the heart of healthcare. – Donna Wilk Cardill
44. Nurses are the hospitality of the hospital. – Anonymous
45. To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do in spite of all we go through; that is to be a NURSE. – Rawsi Williams
46. I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I am telling you it’s going to be worth it. – Art Williams
47. A Nurse will always give us hope an Angel with a stethoscope. – Terri Guillemets
48. A Nurse is compassion in scrubs. – Lexie Saige
49. Our job as Nurses is to cushion the sorrow and celebrate the job, every day, while we are “just doing our jobs”. – Christine Belle
50. Save one life you’re a hero. Save 100 lives you’re a Nurse.
51. If love can’t cure it, Nurses can. – Author Unknown
52. Nurse may not be angels but they are the next best thing!
53. When you’re a nurse, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours. – Anonymous
54. Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon. – Dag Hammarskjold
55. Sometimes I inspire my patients; more often they inspire me.
56. Hardships often prepare people for an extraordinary destiny. —C.S. Lewis
57. just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone.
58. Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help. —Christina Feist-Heilmeier, RN
59. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. —Mahatma Ghandi
60. When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words.
61. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring; all of which have the potential to turn a life around. —Leo Buscaglia
62. Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.
63. When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.
64. Nurses are there when the last breath is taken, and nurses are there when the first breath is taken. Although it is more enjoyable to celebrate the birth, it is just as important to comfort in death. —Christine Bell
65. Care for one…that’s love. Care for hundreds…that’s nursing.
66. May your scrubs be comfy, your coffee be strong, and your Monday be short.
67. When I think about all the patients and their loved ones, I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don’t remember me, nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing. —Donna Wilk Cardillo
68. The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak that resists. —Japanese proverb
69. Every day may not be wonderful, but there is something wonderful in every day.
70. The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. —William Shakespeare
71. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts. —Charles Dickens
72. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. —Steve Jobs
73. It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing. —Mother Teresa
74. The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses. —Carolyn Jarvis
75. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
76. Be the nurse you would want as a patient.
77. Not all angels have wings…some have scrubs.
78. It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
79. There will always be a nurse who does more than they are supposed to.
80. The worst day out of bed is better than the best day in bed.
81. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. – Mahatma Gandhi
82. Tough time don’t last. Tough people do.
83. Nursing is a profession of selflessness. You give not to receive, but simply to serve those in need.
84. Who could stand 12 hours at a time, guarding against death, and risk having one’s own heart broken, while wearing a smile? Only a nurse.
85. A nurse is one who open the eyes of a new born & gently close the eyes of a dying man. It is indeed a high blessing to be first and last to witness the beginning and end of life.
86. If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything. – Win Borden
87. We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. – Maya Angelou
88. Best is good. Better is best. – Lisa Grunwald
89. The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves. – Logan Pearsall Smith
90. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. – Goethe
91. If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.
– John Maxwell
92. The key to change… is to let go of fear.
– Rosanne Cash
93. It’s okay to learn from every experience, and it’s okay to make mistakes.
– Louise Hay
94. There is only one time that is important—Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power. – Leo Tolstoy
95. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
– Jim Rohn
96. The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
97. The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. – John Powell
98. Your vision of where or what you want to be is the greatest asset you have. Without having a goal it’s difficult to score. – Paul Arden
99. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
100. The character of a nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.
101. Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.
102. The trained nurse has become one of the great blessings of humanity, taking a place beside the physician and the priest.
103. Nurses are the heart of health care.
104. Nurses may not be angels, but they are the next best thing!
105. Save one life and you’re a hero, save one hundred lives and you’re a nurse.
106. Being a nurse means to hold all your own tears and start drawing smiles on people’s faces.
107. To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can, in spite of all we go through; is to be a nurse.
108. A nurse will always give us hope, an angel with a stethoscope.
109. Every Nurse is Angel with a Key for Healthy Community! All in Caring for Patients is part of Nursing Soul!
110. America’s nurses are the beating heart of our medical system.
111. Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep and energy… nurses are rarely short on caring.
112. Caring is the essence of nursing.
113. Nursing is not for everyone. It takes a very strong, intelligent, and compassionate person to take on the ills of the world with passion and purpose and work to maintain the health and well-being of the planet. No wonder we’re exhausted at the end of the day!
114. Our job as nurses is to cushion the sorrow and celebrate the joy, every day, while we are just doing our jobs.
115. If love can’t cure it, nurses can.
116. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
117. Nurses are the hospitality of the hospital.
118. Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.
119. Nurses serve their patients in the most important capacities. We know that they serve as our first lines of communication when something goes wrong or when we are concerned about health.
120. Nurses don’t wait until October to celebrate Make a Difference Day – they make a difference every day!
121. You don’t build a house without its foundation. You don’t build a hospital without its Nurses.\
122. I may be compelled to face danger, but never fear it, and while our soldiers can stand and fight, I can stand and feed and nurse them.
123. Nurses are a unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their biggest strength and fatal flaw.
124. Nursing is not just an art, it has a heart. Nursing is not just a science, but it has a conscience.
125. Doctors put a wall up between themselves and their patients; nurses broke it down.
126. When you’re a nurse you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.
127. Courage is only the accumulation of small step.
128. When you smile at work, patients can truly tell if you enjoy your job.
129. A hero is some one who has given his or her life to someone bigger than on self.
130. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.
131. Good nurses inspire themselves, Great nurses inspire others.
132. It is a blessing to be a nurse and to be able to give.
133. Nothing is more beautiful than a real smile that has struggled through tears.
134. Power is the ability to do good things for others.
135. BE STRONG because things will get better it may be stormy now, but is it never rains for ever.
136. That feelings when some one tells you that you inspired him/her.
137. Were there none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach anything better.
138. So never lose an opportunity of urging a practical beginning, however small, for it is wonderful how often in such matters the mustard-seed germinates and roots itself.
139. Being a caring individual allows you to make a therapeutic relationship with a patient. -Mentor Merlin
140. Compassion is not sympathy you show towards a patient in need but rather the sympathy that cause you to act on an inner desire to help that patient – Hart, 2011
141. Good nurses greatly contribute to the success and stability of healthcare institutions and to the mental and physical wellbeing of their patients. – Mentor Merlin
142. An effective nurse is caring, understanding, non-judgmental and has a strong ability to empathize with patients from all walks of life. -Mentor Merlin
143. Good nurses are able to follow directions without a problem and easily communicate with patients and families. -Mentor Merlin
144. The nurse should have the ability to explain complex information in an easy to understand manner is a key skill. -Mentor Merlin
145. Effective nurses are reliable and responsible – Mentor Merlin
146. The nursing profession requires practitioners to develop leadership skills. This enables staff to cope with the nature of responsibilities placed upon them. It is common for nurses to work long hours, including during weekends and holidays. – Mentor Merlin
147. A good adult nurse is also highly observant, able to assess patients and take responsibility for determining the best course of action for them. -Mentor Merlin
148. Nursing is a truly inspiring and thoroughly rewarding career like no other, however, for all of the amazing things we experience on a daily basis, there are also tough parts to deal with, like stress, long hours and struggling to make time for family. – Mentor Merlin
149. If you’ve decided to become a nurse, it’s likely that you’ve been inspired by some wonderful and caring nurses that you have encountered throughout your life – we know we have. These nurses are the ones that comfort and care in exactly the right way; the ones that excel in the profession. – Mentor Merlin
150. one of the most important nursing habits to maintain is respecting patients’ privacy. Your patients will appreciate it immensely, as so will you, as you’ll form a bond that only exists in this wonderful career. – Mentor Merlin
151. Being organized is an absolute must as a nurse! Remembering when to give patients medication is the foundation of the job, so keep track of everything and be on time – Mentor Merlin
152. Being a nurse means long days that will sometimes have little or no breaks. To get through a day, a nurse must have outstanding physical and mental endurance. – Mentor Merlin
153. Nurse must be able to think quick on their feet and get decisions right – it could mean life or death for your patients. – Mentor Merlin
154. Nurse should be passionate about what you do, and strive to be the best – Mentor Merlin
155. As a nurse, you are a member of an amazing, supportive community that will be there whenever you need it. A problem shared is a problem halved, and when working in the nursing profession you are never alone, so open up to the people around you and enjoy the incredible life-long relationships you will build over the course of your career – Mentor Merlin
156. Nursing is a noble profession, filled with wonderful people, and with the support of each other, you can go on providing great care to vulnerable patients all over the world. – Mentor Merlin
157. Nurses, midwives and care staff are in a powerful and influential position to improve the experience of patients, the quality of care and health outcomes across the range of health and care sectors.